Monday, August 8, 2011

What you will learn in my classes

 What you will learn in my Organizing Class

One of the first things you will learn to do is to use a flash drive properly while working in your Family History program.I think the flash drive or gig stick or stick or whatever you call yours has caused more trouble with our programs because we really don't know why we need to use one.

You will also learn how the Ahnentafel numbering system works. I think it is the best way to keep track of everyone and what you have accumulated about that person. It is also perfect for Scandinavian names.
You know, the ones that change their last names every generation? Well, I have the perfect solution for those names.

Next you will learn how to put my Family History Workbook together.It holds your Pedigree Charts, and Group Sheets and any paperwork you are using for the Ancestor you are researching.
After you finish researching your Ancestor, then you will be putting that paper work, except for the Group Sheet in a Document Box.

I will teach you how to put together a Document Box exactly the same way as you have put your Workbook together. The nice thing about doing it this way is that whoever takes over your work after you have finished and you cant do it anymore, will be able to easily  pick up where you left off and know what you have done and what you still need to do.

You will learn many things about your Family History program that most people don't even know can be done to make your workbook easy and fun to use with your program.

I will also teach you how to continue after the 5th generation. That is where many many people have a hard time figuring out what to do next. There are many ways to accomplish this feat, but the way I make it work for me and now for you is fun and easy to just continue on with your work and you don't have to start dividing your families up in different books. I have always like to see the continuation of my lines. This way makes it so easy to do that you will wonder why you didn't think of it before I did.

And best of all I can show you  you can easily take all this newly organized  paperwork, pictures, documents, personal histories, pedigree and group sheets and make great gifts and albums etc from what you have organized.

Now, lets get busy and sign up for my classes. Time is waisting away!

Grandma SueBee



1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you doing posts again! Your classes are the best! I wish I was there to take one because I would be on the front row.

    ReplyDelete